Leaving an abusive situation is one of the toughest things you’ll do.
If you are living with abuse, we can help you.
We provide support in your language – call us any time of the day or night.
24 hour help line: 416-533-8538
Free and confidential services.
Si vous souhaitez accéder à des services exclusivement en français dans la communauté, vous pouvez contacter: La Maison d’hébergement pour Femmes francophones au: 647-777-6433 ou Oasis Centre des Femmes au: 416-591-6565.
A New Home, A New Life.
The Redwood is a haven. We’re here to help women and children just like you live free from domestic abuse. Free from fear. Free from threat.
We provide safe and accessible services – from a secure home to counseling to legal support. We help you get your life back on track. And we bring the promise of a better future.
If you’re afraid, call us. It’s the first step. And it can change your life forever.
Frightened. Isolated. Trapped. Depressed. Confused. Helpless.
At The Redwood, we’ve heard these words so often. Every story is the same, yet every story is different.
Does your partner hit you or your children? Force you to have sex? Threaten you or prevent you from seeing family and friends? Destroy your property? Threaten to take your children or have you deported?
If this sounds like home, we can help.
The Way Out.
Leaving an abusive situation is one of the toughest things you’ll ever have to face.
How will you look after small children? Where will you find affordable housing? If you’re new to Canada, how will you find support in an unfamiliar environment?
You’ll find the answers at The Redwood. We offer:
- A safe free refuge 24 hours of the day
- Services in your language
- Telephone counseling
- Counseling for you and your children
- Housing support services
- Referral to subsidized daycare and school registration
- Job readiness training and employment counselling
- Legal support in immigration, family law and legal aid
- Referral and advocacy to gain access to ESL, healthcare and other services
- At The Redwood, thousands of women and children found the way out – and the way up. You can too.