The Redwood has relied on the support of volunteers since its beginning, and it continues to welcome volunteers to share in its vision of supporting women and children to live free from abuse.
More than 70 individual volunteers support the ongoing programming and activities of The Redwood on an active basis. The Redwood recognizes the reciprocal nature of the relationship between the agency and individual volunteers and is committed to providing a volunteer program that meets both the needs of volunteers and the organization as a whole.
Positions could include the followings, depending on current needs:
- Volunteering with iDetermine.ca (crisis line responders)
- Volunteering with Children and Youth (tutoring, children’s program, child care)
- Volunteering with our Fundraising Team (administration, events, in-kind donations and outreach)
- Volunteering with our Community Outreach Team (supporting workshops, community outreach)
- Volunteering with women (supporting with ESL, facilitating workshops)
- Volunteering in our Resident Services Office (administration support, responding to needs of clients) (summer only)
- Corporate Volunteering
We are currently recruiting:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! If you are interested in volunteering, we are hosting an online information session on June 20th via Zoom from 6:30pm – 7:30pm. This is a great chance to learn more about what The Redwood does and the types of volunteer roles we are currently recruiting for.
Please RSVP by sending an e-mail to our Volunteer and Fundraising Coordinator, Hannah, at email@example.com, with “Volunteer Information Session RSVP” in the subject line to receive the meeting link. We look forward to seeing everyone!