The Redwood has relied on the support of volunteers since its beginning, and it continues to welcome volunteers to share in its vision of supporting women and children to live free from abuse.
More than 70 individual volunteers support the ongoing programming and activities of The Redwood on an active basis. The Redwood recognizes the reciprocal nature of the relationship between the agency and individual volunteers and is committed to providing a volunteer program that meets both the needs of volunteers and the organization as a whole.
All volunteer positions are currently virtual roles. Positions could include the followings, depending on current needs:
- Volunteering with iDetermine.ca (crisis line counsellor)
- Volunteering with Children and Youth (tutoring, children’s program, child care)
- Volunteering with our Fundraising Team (administration, events, in-kind donations and outreach)
- Volunteering with our Community Outreach Team (supporting workshops, community outreach)
- Volunteering with women (supporting with ESL, facilitating workshops)
- Volunteering in our Resident Services Office (administration support, responding to needs of clients) (summer only)
- Corporate Volunteering
The First Step
The first step to becoming a volunteer at The Redwood is to contact our Communications and Volunteer Coordinator, Axile Gerona, at email@example.com to express your interest.
The Redwood’s volunteer program is currently operating with limited staff due to COVID-19 restrictions. We appreciate your patience. It may take some time for us to reply to you.