Thank you for your interest in donating items to help the families we work with start new lives after fleeing abuse. At The Redwood, we are committed to providing women and children with the highest quality support and services. When our staff and volunteers are sorting and distributing donations to the women and children of The Redwood, we always ask ourselves one question: “Would I feel comfortable wearing or using this item?”. We hope you will consider your contribution with the same caring eye.
**Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of our donor community, our limited storage space is currently close to capacity — this means we are only able to accept items from the needs list below:
The Redwood is currently accepting the following items:
- NEW clothing items for women and children
- NEW cotton sheets, single or double sized, flat or fitted styles
- NEW pillow cases
- NEW bath-sized towels
- NEW child car seats (The Government of Canada has recently created new child car seat regulations and for this reason we are able to accept only NEW products)
- Diapers (sizes 4, 5, 6)
- Diaper pails
- NEW backpacks, lunch bags, thermos food containers and water bottles for school
- NEW stationery including paper, pen, pencils, notebooks, pencil sharpeners, geometry sets, calculators, binders/folders, etc.
- musical instruments and art supplies
At this time, we cannot accept:
- Used clothing items
- Furniture, televisions or large appliances such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves and dishwashers
- Sample sized toiletries
- Used stuffed animals or other soft toys
- VHS tapes or DVDs
- Items for pets
- Incomplete items (ex. games, plastic containers)
For security reasons, we can only accept in-kind donations by appointment. The Redwood accepts donations Monday – Friday from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a pick-up service and do not accept donations on the weekend. To arrange a delivery time, or to ask a question, please contact 416-533-9372 x 301 or email email@example.com. Your call or email will be returned within two business days.
Thank you for supporting women and children starting new lives, free from abuse. We greatly appreciate your kindness!
As of May 2, 2006, donations of publicly listed securities are now exempt from capital gains taxation. Please consider making a gift of stock to help give women and children at The Redwood the promise of new lives, free from abuse.
Giving a family the support they need to get their lives back on track requires specialized skill, time and money. It’s a real investment to provide a mother and two children the customized range of services – from a secure home, to counselling, to legal support – they need to begin and sustain a new life free from violence.
Making a gift of stock will make such a difference, and is a simple process:
1. Review and complete the Letter of Authorization from Donor to Broker. This form is available below, or by contacting Fundraising Department at (416) 533-9372 x249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Provide your completed Letter of Authorization to your broker or financial advisor, who will be responsible for initiating your transfer.
3. Notify The Redwood by faxing a copy of the completed Letter of Authorization to us at (416) 533-7867. This step is crucial to ensure The Redwood has the information we need to issue your official tax receipt.
You may be interested to know that The Redwood is also able to accept donations of securities on-line through CanadaHelps. You can visit www.canadahelps.org/securities for more information.
However you choose to give, please contact us today to find out more about making a gift of stock to The Redwood. With your support, women and children living with the pain and humiliation of domestic abuse can find the courage and resources they need to flee their abuser.
(416) 533-9372 ext.227
Donor Relations Coordinator
(416) 533-9372 ext.249
You can support The Redwood in many ways – when the time is right, please consider a gift in your will.
If you’d like more information, you can also review some commonly asked Questions and Answers about including The Redwood in your will, or simply contact us at the numbers below – all inquiries are completely confidential. We have also provided a list of Sample Will Clauses for you or your lawyer to consider.
Have you already included The Redwood in your will? Please take a moment to complete and return our Bequest Confirmation Form, which includes information about different ways you can designate your gift, should you wish to direct it to a specific area. Please rest assured that your information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
Donors who confirm a gift in their will are offered membership in the Anthea Windsor Society. The Society is named in honour of our longest serving volunteer and former President of The Redwood Board of Directors, and pays tribute to Anthea’s dedication to ending violence against women, as well as recognizing every generous donor who has made a bequest or other planned gift to The Redwood.
However you choose to contribute to The Redwood, every dollar you give goes a long, long way. We keep our administrative and fundraising expenses low, so more of your donation dollar goes straight to work to help women and children fleeing domestic abuse.
For more information, please contact us:
416 533-9372 x227
Donor Relations Coordinator
416 533-9372 x249
Remember – a will is a legal document. We strongly encourage you to seek legal estate planning advice from a qualified lawyer if you are making a will or changing your will. We’d be pleased to confer with you and your lawyer to help draft specific bequest clauses. All calls will be kept confidential.