The Redwood Mobile Healing Centre, housed in a custom-outfitted RV, will bring anti-gender-based violence counselling and prevention services, basic health care and other complementary services to neighbourhoods throughout Toronto and the GTA.
What services does The Redwood Mobile Healing Centre provide?
- Crisis intervention, including making a personalized plan to leave or cope with a relationship more safely
- Referrals to access emergency shelters, harm reduction services, legal supports and rent-geared-to-income housing
- Depending on availability:
- Basic primary health care and sexual wellness counselling
- Mental health support
- Access to items to support with essential needs, such as menstrual and sexual health products, harm reduction supplies, toiletry items, grocery gift cards and PPE
Who will the Mobile Healing Centre serve?
The Mobile Healing Centre will provide assistance to all women, trans, and non-binary individuals in the community who would like to use the services. We will serve a wide range of ages, from youth to seniors.