Welcome to The Redwood HVAC Staffing
At The Redwood, we know that economic independence is essential to survivors of violence to rebuild their lives, support their families, and remain free from abuse. The Redwood HVAC Staffing is a tuition-free program that supports women, 2-spirit, non-binary, and trans people who have been affected by gender-based violence to pursue training and a career in the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) industry.
By providing support throughout the process of training and certification, The Redwood HVAC Staffing assists survivors to graduate with the skills, industry knowledge, and opportunity needed to secure stable employment and a living wage.
Do you think that a career in HVAC is right for you?
HVAC Staffing is open to women, gender non-binary, trans, and 2-spirit people who have been affected by gender-based violence.
Eligible participants must also be:
- Able to work and study in Canada
- Able to attend training both online and in person
- Enthusiastic and motivated to pursue a career in the HVAC industry
- Able to fully commit to training and meeting course attendance requirements
What we offer:
– Free training to become a certified and employable Gas Technician in the HVAC industry
– Programming and individualized supports and referrals that will help you succeed in the program, including counselling and case management, employability workshops, networking opportunities, peer mentorship, and financial supports for childcare, transportation, and more.
CONTACT US TO JOIN OUR UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS FOR OUR WINTER 2023 COHORT.
- Our next cohort will begin in Fall 2023. To learn more, join one of our upcoming information sessions.
- Future cohort program start dates are in Fall 2023 and Winter 2024.
What our program participants have to say:
“Today I feel very confident and very proud as a female working in this field. I feel safe and get so much respect as an HVAC technician. The Redwood has helped me to find this job and I feel financially secure and very independent.”
– Program Graduate working full-time in the field
“As a full-time single mother, being able to attend school part-time with not only the cost of the course being covered, but the books, materials, and transportation has been amazing. Also feeling supported by the staff has made a very positive impact on my life. I’m thankful for this opportunity and look forward to what my future holds.”
– Current Participant
For more information on The Redwood HVAC Staffing program, please read our Frequently Asked Questions document or
The Redwood is a proud recipient of a Scotiabank community investment in support of HVAC Staffing.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Union Training and Innovation Program.
The opinions and interpretations in this publication are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Government of Canada.